Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Attempting the New Years Resolutions

I've been really bold in terms of blogging the last 2 weeks but I have been making some attempt at actually keeping my list of New Years resolutions - its quite hard!!
Anyway my list of resolutions can be found here >
http://lolliesland.blogspot.com/2011/12/heres-to-new-year.html

1. The whole "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" bit has been quite successful! Although while its not forgotten completely and wont be for a long time, its getting easier each day. Conversations have been had and I've a certain peace of mind about the whole thing for now. Sure some days are hard but that's life.


2. I've been working my butt off at work the last few weeks - my ideas have been acknowledged and put into action and a pat on the back has been given, can't ask for much more at the moment!!

3.I haven't left the country yet this year but I will, the Mothership wants to go away too so we might actually get around to visiting Edinburgh this year.


4.Green Card Lottery application - opens in October!

5.Eat less, exercise more - I'm pleased to say this has been in full swing for the last week or so!! Doesnt sound long but the start of the year was quite crappy and my eating habits went out the window but I'm back on track now! I have joined the local gym, something Id put off for the last 3 years and surprisingly I'm loving it so far. I had a one on one assessment and was advised on how to make it work best for me along with a few healthy eating tips. So I have been giving this my full attention and hopefully there will be some good results in a few weeks.


6.Saving is going ok, I'm opening a Credit Union account this week - keep the mula out of sight and out of mind!

7.Nights out away from Cobh, so far so good - we've ventured to Kenmare and Killarney and I'm even trekking up to the big smoke next week!! I feel so cultured! haha


8.Credit Card payments are on schedule, wont be long before that bad boy is over and done with!!

9.I'm still working on my more creative and thrifty side but all in good time!!


10.The whole deactivation of Facebook thing lasted approx. 2 weeks I think - I just couldn't do it, ultimate fail!!

Lunch - the healthy way

Living in my runners while I become obsessed with the gym

2 comments:

  1. Jealous of your health kick, I just can't seem to get mine into action.
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me ages to get mine into action, like years!! To be honest I really just need the distraction, something to focus on so I figured the whole health kick would be a good thing in the long run!! xo

    ReplyDelete