Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

It’s Valentine’s Day!! :-)

Well it’s that time of year again, the day when every social networking site I have access to is taken over with loving wishes, declarations, bitterness and outright hate for the day...I don’t mind so much but really some peeps do go way over the top, who are they trying to convince..us or themselves??!! But anyway...

I, for one am ok with this “holiday” this year though. It’s the second year in a row I’ve been single for Valentine’s, and I can’t help but think that fate has a little something to do with that because my single status has arrived close enough to Valentine’s the last 2 years which, to be honest, I consider a blessing in disguise as I couldn’t really imagine spending the day being nice to someone and taking part in sharing the love with them half heartedly or just for the sake of it!! Before this I don’t think I’d been on my own for Valentine’s since I was 15, so last year I was well overdue a loving weekend with my girls!! We spoilt ourselves and went off to Killarney for the weekend where we indulged in some wine, food, dancing and treatments in the Plaza...I really couldn’t have spent it any better way!  

I’m all for showing the love today this year and every year but it by no means applies to couples only. It’s a day to show love to EVERYONE!! Mum, Dad, Siblings, Nieces, Nephews, Cousins, Aunts, Uncles....etc, do something nice for them, make a cuppa, do the washing up, buy some flowers or pick a few daffodils from the garden (we have 1 or 2 already!!)...plenty of ways to say “I Love You” to all the important people in your life.
So for those who may feel down in the dumps today because you aren’t part of a couple, just remember,  you don’t have to be to get in on the celebrations!! I will be spending tonight at home with the Fam and one of my dear friends, (who weirdly for the last 2 months nearly we have being going through the exact same thing at the exact same time, we are so in sync right now its kinda freaky!) and yes my cat will most certainly get in on the action too I’d say!

Muchos love to you all you lovelies out there!! xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment