Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

Mum's Fish Dish

Phew...finally a chance to sit down and blog!! Life has been hectic these past few weeks between work, car shopping, baby shopping and life in general - happy to say though that I finally managed to buy a car, with 5 doors, am I grown up or what?! Sad to see me reliable 'ol Civic leave my driveway though, but not too worry, Charlotte has only moved into the boys house where will now look after her :)

Anyway, I feel like my last few posts have been very "me" so I'm making a conscious effort to make a bit more interesting with more lifestyle posts.

So today's post is a quick recipe to give some fish fillets a bit of pizazz! I've aptly named it "Mum's Fish Dish" because it was just something she tried one night that I liked, so gave it a go myself.

Ingredients:

4x Cod Fillets
3x Scallions
3x Tomatoes
Breadcrumbs
Cheese - Grated Red Cheedar
Mayonaise


  • Pre heat oven to 170 degrees (I was using a fan oven)
  • I started by cutting my tomatoes into quarters, deseeding them and then dicing them up.
  • Next the scallions were chopped up finely and added to the diced tomato.
  • I mixed these together with approx 3 dessert spoons of light mayonaise 
  • Next up I lined a baking tray with some tin foil and made a bed out of the mayo mixture and placed the 4 cod fillets on the bed of mixture
  • There was a bit left over so put the mixture on to the top of the cod fillets also
  • I mixed up my bread crumbs with the grated red cheddar and an egg to bind them
  • I then made a topping with the cheese/bread crumbs and covered the fish into a tin foil parcel - rolled up the tin foil at the sides and folded over loosely on the top
  • Popped them into the oven for about 30mins
  • Served them up with mixed veg and some potato wedges



Yummy :)
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment