Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Cake Time

Anyone remember Angel cake?? Its something that always reminds me of when we lived in England, it was a bit of a treat for us but when we moved to Ireland we couldn't find it for ages! Nowadays Mr Kipling does some kind of Angel cake slices but not a patch on the stuff me and my sister used to have as kids!
Anyway I wanted to make my own version of it but I messed up the different coloured sponge parts of the cake..I thought I could bake them all in layers in one tin and then slice them into 3 and fill them in between with cream but it didn't quite work out that way! Next time I'm going to bake the 3 coloured sponges in separate tins. Anyway even though it didn't turn out the way I expected it was still yummy and all made with my mother's faithful recipe of: 6, 6, 6, and 3!
 (Self raising flour, margarine, caster sugar and eggs - not forgetting a teaspoon of vanilla essence and food colouring)


Lined my tin with greaseproof paper to stop the mixture sticking

3 different coloured mixtures

Just out of the oven - approx 45mins on gas mark 4

Finished product with some lemon butter cream icing

Mmm I love cake!

*The fondant icing pieces on the cake were made by my 13 year old niece, Jade - a little baker in the making!*


No comments:

Post a Comment