Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2011

The Tale of a few Cars



When it comes to driving and bumps and scrape related incidences, well they seem to follow me everywhere with every car I've ever owned..

Peg

My first car, Peg (Peugoet 106) died an awful death when she was written off on my way home from work in the airport in 2006, somehow I managed to flip the car off the dual carriageway and hit a wall, thankfully I survived, obviously and escaped with a fractured spine and a few war wounds..last thing I remembered was driving through a puddle and then bam..she ended up looking like that ^^^
Celine

Then there was Celine (Honda Civic), oh I loved her! As soon as I saw her being driven to the courtyard of the garage in Bishopstown I knew I wanted that car, obviously the sales guy saw it too an overcharged, but hey you learn from your mistakes! She had to endure crazy dogs bouncing off the bumper and leaving a crack, accidentally rearing ending a car, driving over a footpath and scraping the bumper and hitting the drivers side off the gate at home not once, not twice but THREE times!! She was a beauty though!


Cindy
Cindy here, (Honda Civic Coupe) is most definitely my favorite of the bunch! She lasted me just over 3 years until September this year. She was old though, 1995 and it was going to cost me too much to put her through  the NCT. However in those 3 years I had ended up paying about €2500 euros to fix her up a few more rear ending incidents, the day after the picture was taken it cost me €1500 to fix after an accident on the way to work- new bumper, bonnet, headlight etc! Not to mention a mere 8 months later someone drove into me and it was another €900 to fix the front again, they paid this time not me! She was one of those noisy girl racer cars but I loved her and was quite upset when she was replaced a couple of months ago..but not without one last bump where yet again the bumper and bonnet were smashed the day before I bought the new car..one last bash for the road! 

Charlotte (Charlie)
And now there is Charlotte (Honda Civic Coupe), can you tell I like Civic's?!! She has been great so far, just 1 or 2 little things that had to be done from wear and tear but so far so good!! 
Well until this morning that was, my whole reason for a car elated post today - some guy came up East Hill way too fast and then smashed my wing mirror, but he then had the cheek to turn around and follow me along town until I stopped outside the Mister's flat and proceed to attempt to blame me for his mirror that was now hanging off but no interest in my smashed one!! Grrr!! I will admit most of the time its my fault, I can be quite a hasty driver but I know this morning it wasn't! To be honest I think he just thought he could intimidate a girl driver and that I would be a push over even though it was his fault...he wasn't long storming off when he realised I wasn't on my own when the Mister got into the car! Because of the kind of cars I drive I do seem to attract some hostility as most people think I'm a boy/girl racer..just because I drive a done up car doesn't mean I drive like most of the owners of those types of cars...jeez give a girl a break like!! (Rant over!!) Despite all my bad luck I still love cars particularly the Civic's and I've learned a few lessons along the way when it comes to buying them and selling them and maintaining them...and you cant beat the smell of burnt rubber from a bit of driftng, although I'm a spectator not a participator!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment