Pages

Monday 31 December 2012

What A Difference a Year Makes :)

Wow where to start with 2012 eh?! It's been exactly what I wanted it to be. I completed most of my goal list from my blog this time last year, except for the leaving the country part, but there was so much going on in the homeland this year and the credit card, let's face it, I do't think I'll ever be able to cut that bad boy up!
However I am delighted to say that I stuck to the healthy eating /  getting active one, I joined up to the gym which was one of the best things I've ever done...it did wonders for self esteem as well as my waistline. I finally opened a credit union account and the saving commenced. Lastly, I got the recognition at work that I felt I deserved, I work hard...most days!! I did venture of my island for a more varied social scene and so glad I did. Galway Races is most definitely a high light for me, it was so much fun with the girls and what an awesome city! I finally managed to buy my own laptop, and Macy the Macbook has become my new best friend. As well as purchase a proper camera, Canon 1100D and managed to take a intro photography class to ensure I learned how to use it properly.

Besides the above, 2012 has been a huge year for me in terms of self improvement, inner happiness and accepting myself. I'm a true believer that you have to happy within yourself before you can be happy with anyone else and after some soul searching and bit of changing I was finally able to find that peace inside myself and be happy with who I am. I did realise though that this will only happen with a a lot of hard work and a commitment and being able to move past the negativity thrown into your path. So through a bit of restored faith and lot of positivity I feel that 26 was a kind of coming of age for me.




The first 7 or 8 months of the year were spent really just having "me" time, it had been such a long time since I had done that. I got a new tattoo, died my hair a completely different colour, changed up my style a bit, to be more of what represented me and established new and old friendships. However my "me" time was not to last for long before I met James, someone I had known for a while and to be honest, falling for him took me by such surprise, I just didn't see it coming but its a case of looking for something that may have been in front of you the whole time.
<3
I don't think I've ever been with someone who I click with so much, while we are totally different in some ways, in others its like we mirror each other. we've got an exciting 2013 ahead of us with our own little bubs on the way in June...everything happens for a reason :)

Of course there were some down sides to the year, our house being broken into and sentimental items being taken was probably the worst thing to happen this year but besides that, there was so few and were completely outweighed by the good.

I'm going to leave my goal list until my birthday in a few days time and post it then because that's generally when I properly start my New Year and get back into the daily routine.

So I hope all you lovelies have a super New Year and that it brings you even closer towards all of your dreams, and just remember that when times get a little tough or you feel a little lost, just have some faith, in whatever it is you believe in.


xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment