Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

A Fine Frenzy...Quite

Listen up - Go and search out A Fine Frenzy if you havent already, this girl is outstanding!
All of her songs are awesome, the lyrics are so simple yet to the point, sweet and somewhat naive. I discovered her about 3 years ago I think, when her song "Almost Lover" was being played in relation to Twilight, but only really took the time recently to listen to all of her stuff. Her voice is enchanting and folksy, I could listen to her all night, the ideal voice to drift off to sleep listening to...and she looks exactly how she sounds if you know what I mean!

I've had "What I Wouldn't Do" playing this evening and its such a lovely slightly bittersweet song, its hitting a teeny tiny nerve for me!



If we were children I would bake you a mud pie
Warm and brown beneath the sun
Never learned to climb a tree but I would try
Just to show you what I'd done

Oh what I wouldn't do
If I had you, babe, I had you
Oh what I wouldn't do
If I had you, babe

If I were old, my dearest, you would be older
But I would crawl upon your lap
Wrap a blanket round our frail little shoulders
And I'd die happily like that

Oh what I wouldn't do
If I had you, babe, I had you
Oh what I wouldn't do
If I had you, babe, if I had you

So lace your hands round the small of my back and I will kiss you like a king
I will be your bride, I'll keep you warm at night
I will sing, I will sing

It was now and we were both in the same place
Didn't know how to say the words
With my heart ticking like a bomb in a birdcage
I left before someone got hurt

'Cause it was what I wouldn't do
If I had you, babe, I had you
It was what I wouldn't do
When I had you, babe, when I had you





Its totally one of those songs for when you're thinking back on something and realising you should've done things differently or how if you had that time again how different you would do things now...well for me anyway.

Happy Listening :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment