Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

Music Is The Key To My Soul

I thought I’d do a bit of a post about the music I listen to, gives a little bit more of an insight into someone I think. I would absolutely be lost without music, I don’t think I could drive without the mp3 player in the car, the gym would be near impossible without my chosen tunes blaring in my ears and for all those difficult times in life, well I’d never have got through them had I not been able to relate to certain songs at particular times to make me feel like I’m not alone and somebody out there understands how I feel!! Of course, there’s also the happy aspects of music, just hearing a certain song can lift my mood instantly or, transport me back to a happy memory. Music is a great way to keep the past somewhat alive when you can associate it with a given time or event.
I have my favourite bands / singers but my taste in music is across the board. My mp3 player is nearly always on shuffle because I can never decide on an actual album to listen to and it can vary from heavy metal to dance to pop to rock to rap....and so on! But of course I do on occasion let an album play right through, something of which I’ve been doing a lot of lately, probably to go with the weird mood that’s taken over me these last few weeks...anyhoo I thought I would share these 4 albums in particular with you. Happy listening should you be intrigued to search out some of them J


Here goes:

Jimmy Eat World - "Futures"
I could listen to this album over and over again, the whole track list tells a story, a story I can relate to of late, it’s almost like it was written for me! This album has been helping my sleep in recent months, playing in my ears every night. These guys are awesome live, I’ve been lucky enough to see them twice, Jim Adkins voice is something else altogether. Its hard to pick the best song because they are all equally brilliant but I will highlight "Polaris", I adore this song, so much so I have some of the lyrics tattooed on me.

Deftones - "White Pony"
I'm only a relatively new Deftones fan, in fact for ages I couldn't bear to listen to them but gradually they grew on me after an ex kept on playing them. This album takes me on a whole outer body experience, it makes me want to explore my naughty, mischievous side, its just got that real kinda sordid, dirty secret feel to it. "Passenger" was the song that convinced me to give these guys a listen, Maynard James Keenan (Tool / A Perfect Circle) sings on this track also, it gives me goose bumps everytime! "Digital Bath" is another stand out track.

Paramore - "Riot"
This album throws me back to being a lovestruck teenager all over again, but yet is still so applicable to right now!! "Crushcrushcrushcrush" is spot on about social situations these days relating to dating or hooking up or whatever its called these days! "When It Rains" is a raw feeling song looking for an answer. "Misery Business" is probably my favourite, a total in your face, "I won in the end!"  song you can just rock out to with a few tongue in cheek remarks! 

Breaking Benjamin - "Dear Agony"
I discovered these guys one night at a house party, some of the guys there had "Without You" blaring and were singing along and I was instantly taken with the passion and energy in the lead singers voice and after reading about his own personal demons, I understood why! When Im feeling pissed off and angry at the world, or myself, this album gets a blast and if I'm in the car you'll find me screaming along with it. Start to finish, a superb album.




No comments:

Post a Comment