Pages

Sunday 8 January 2012

Another Year Older

Well I am now officially another year old - the grand old age of 26! I've got mixed feelings about this age - on one side I feel like I should have so much more done by now but on the other hand I'm glad I've still got a few of those things to do yet, because well really, I'm not ready for them right now. Having a birthday so soon after Christmas usually sucks but as I've got older I've grown to love my birth date a bit more. I like that I start a New Year and a new age start within in days of each other, makes the meaning of a "new start" a bit more applicable.
So anyway birthday celebrations were quite tame this year but good all the same! I celebrated with dinner in Leonardos with the girls, a cute little Italian style restaurant in Midleton, their garlic potatoes are to die for!! A drink in the bar up the road afterwards and we were fit for bed. I can never follow a meal with a night of drinking, I'm always far too full. Today I went for dinner with 2 of my CL  girls in Il Padrino in the city, another Italian restaurant and quite possibly the nicest meal out I've had for ages! I got the calzone which was huge and I really didnt think Id finish it but it was so yummy and then chocolate fudge cake for dessert - I barely managed to drive home I was so full!
I got some lovely gifts from friends and family and I also treated myself to a few items including an awesome pair of heels which I'd been looking at a few weeks ago and got them for less than half price the other day, bargain!
Love getting vouchers!
My new fave shoes

Here's to the year of the twenty six year old me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment