Pages

Sunday 13 November 2011

New boots..and money raised for charity!

This weekend I ventured north of the Cork county and went to Dublin. Myself and my fellow CL comrade Joanne had purchased tickets for the Childline concert last night. Now the line up was not one that I would've picked for myself (except for Westlife - an adoration stemming back to my 11 year old days, that grew with me, I cant seem to let go!! And dont even get me started on the "split") but it was of course money contributed to keeping the Childine service open and running which as you know is very close to me. As volunteers we got pre sale tickets which I assumed meant we would be up the front, however we weren't, but as it was tiered seating we still had a perfect view. The O2 is actually a nice venue and will have to try and get there again. There was plenty of kids there along with their parents who all seemed to be enjoying themselves and I think the total raised was over 400,000euro - so successful on all parts!


I also managed to buy the nicest pair of boots ever while in the capital!! I had seen them in Penneys in Cork but as usual not in my size (6 seems to be quite popular) but I had to have them. So I traipsed from Pearse St to Grafton St to O'Connell St and to Henry St where I finally found them...and I freakin' love them!! I cant wait to wear them when myself and himself venture out Friday night for a few social drinks :-) 

Aren't they awesome??!!


No comments:

Post a Comment